Construction is a systemized disassembly and reassembly of a home. Here are some of the basic steps in a typical order of completion. We have an amazing electronic scheduling system which allows us to communicate between you, our contractors, and keep you up to date on timing, costs associated with your project, and more.
1. Purchase Home, inspect, plan, and close on home.
2. Demolition or deconstruction - this is where we tear out the old and prepare for the new
3. Rough-ins and inspections - any new or moved plumbing, electrical, low voltage, heating/ ventillation, and framing of structural walls, windows, siding, and roofing are constructed and inspected by a city official.
4. Drywall is installed, taped, and painted.
5. Hardwood floors if applicable, tile floors, and/or vinyl floors.
6. Tile work in bathrooms if applicable.
7. Trim and Cabinets- counter tops are measured at this poing
8. Counter Tops - if granite, quartz, or other solid surface may take up to 2-3 weeks beyond cabinet install.
9. Final installs of Electrical outlets, lights, and low voltage components, and plumbing fixtures.
10. Rough Clean - Your home will be professionally cleaned. We meet for an orientation and overview of the final installations. Any fixes or tweaks are mentioned at this point. Final clean and move in is roughly 7-10 days after Rough Clean.
*This is a typical order of construction, but every home, buyer, municipality, vendor, and lender is unique and a plan will be created for each individual. Order is for informational purposes only.